Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Drippy the Peg-Legged Rainbow, A Story for Demented Children

Why do I keep writing stories for Demented Children?

I've decided that I'm going to make a habit of asking readers questions that I intend to answer.  I don't know why, so don't ask.

I write stories for demented children because normal children have plenty of stories and don't need anymore.  I write stories for kids who think the world kinda sucks and nobody gives them enough hugs, at least not the non-creepy sort of hugs.

Also, when I was a kid, I always thought the world kinda sucked.  My parents were really great and my brothers and sisters were okay.  But the rest of it just seemed mean and out to get me.  I wanted to lose myself in fantasy worlds.  These stories tap into a lot of how I felt then.

How in the world did I come up with a story about a peg-legged rainbow?

Last month, I saw the leg of a rainbow.  I though to myself: "Hey, there's a rainbow somewhere that's missing a leg!"  Then I thought it was probably a peg-legged rainbow.  I tweeted these thoughts, much to the dismay of my followers.  Eventually I decided to write a story about it . . . . much to the dismay of my followers . . .




The picture on the cover was taken by my wife, Tracy.  She does a lot of the photography for my covers. :)

What's it about?

It's about a rainbow.  DUH!

It's about a peg-legged rainbow that's mad at having his leg stolen by a leprechaun.  He decides to use a tree to help get around.  Along the way he meets a bunny named Emo, (surprise, surprise) a couple more rainbows and a leprechaun or two.

I won't tell you too much about it.  It is a short story after all.

Where can I get it?

Boy, I ask a lot of questions.  But I have a lot of answers too, so it all balances out

As of the time of this writing, you can get it from smashwords. :) 

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/90553?ref=johnhcarroll

It will be available on Amazon in the next day or two, but it will cost $.99 there until they price match after a few weeks.  It will also be available at Apple and Barnes & Noble here in the next few weeks and will be free right away. :)

No comments: